Ready-made baby food may be convenient—and in some cases cheap. They are easy to dispose, too. However, all that convenience may be doing more harm than good not just to your toddler, but also to the environment. For this reason, discerning parents make homemade baby foods for their toddler. Here are some of the reasons why you should do that, too:
- Better and healthier for your baby and the environment – You never can truly tell what is in those manufactured baby foods, as they could have been made with potentially harmful ingredients that can make your child sick down the line. Moreover, they are typically packaged in non-biodegradable containers and packaging that can take years to decompose, making them harmful to the environment as well. You do not have to worry about those issues when you make your own baby food.
- You have more control over what you feed your toddler – Homemade baby foods for your toddler will have only the fruits, vegetables, and other ingredients that you choose or think that is best for him. This way, you know exactly what you are giving your baby, and avoid certain problems, like allergies. You can also customize the recipe, too, so you can be sure that your toddler will like it.
- Reduce your impact on the environment – When you make homemade baby foods for your toddler, you have the opportunity to buy and use those reusable and eco-friendly containers and food pouches for feeding.
- Let your baby get used to eating the family food – Certain types of food you feed your family can be pureed and fed to your toddler, too. This may help your child get used to making better, healthier food choices as he grows older, too.
- More nutritious – Jarred food is typically prepared and cooked at high temperatures, which can kill bacteria to prolong storage life. However, this can also destroy the food’s nutrients, vitamins, and taste. By making homemade baby foods for your toddler, you can be sure that the ingredients can retain their important nutrients for your child.